Monday, March 7, 2011

Tonks' Hufflepuff Pride Charm Bracelet

I realize I haven't posted in a little while.  Been a very busy girl, what with organizing two swaps on Craftster, and getting ready for 2 big trips.  This past weekend I took my dear friend and student Grace to Illinois to rent costumes for her upcoming show.  It also happened to be Alumni Weekend for the Theatre Department at University of Illinois where I went to graduate school.  We had a whirlwind trip, trying to see and do everything in just under two days.  Now I'm home for two days before heading off to USITT, a conference for theatre design and technology.
In the mean time, I have been crafting.  In preparation for the next round of Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Swap, I have been making more Harry Potter charm bracelets.  Last year I made a Hufflepuff themed bracelet in the Loaded Charm Bracelet Swap, but I always wanted to go back and give it another try.  I felt sure I could streamline it a bit, and so here is the result.  Hufflepuff 2.0 if you will.

This one was created around the character of of Nymphadora Tonks, my favorite Hufflepuff and kick-ass Auror.

Charms include:
~a potion bottle (Potions Class being requisite for an Auror!)
~an owl
~a sun for her bright disposition
~spell books

~a wolf (Tonks' Patronus)
~a heart, for Hufflepuff House
~a dragon
~a lighting bolt for her friend, Harry Potter
~a phoenix for the Order of the Phoenix
~a wand from Ollivander's
~a mermaid
~a star
~Hogwarts castle

~a unicorn
~"Be Yourself" pendant
~a quill & inkwell
~a goblet

I also whipped up a sweet and simple Patronus Bracelet:
Today is going to be spent doing laundry so I'll have clean clothes for the conference and cleaning up the house before I leave it again.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to do some quilting work too.  I'd like to get my NICU quilt bound and ready to ship, and I need to put a friend's baby quilt back together.  
Sadly, I've had the badly damaged quilt for months, and never gotten around to it.  The original quilter used wool as the batting and wool yarn for the ties, then assured the parents that it was safe to wash and dry.  The originally 45" square quilt was turned into a 13" scrunchie instead! I'll be seeing that friend this weekend at USITT, so I'd love to be able to hand it over to him there.  Let's hope the domestic goddess and the fabric gods are with me!