Sunday, January 23, 2011

Costume Shop Quilt

This past Thursday I spent much of a snowy afternoon quilting the blocks, sashing and borders of the Costume Shop Quilt that Grace and I have been working on together.  Since Bowling Green doesn't believe in salting roads or plowing snow, I stayed home Friday and managed to get this bound all in one day.  (Actually, I'm not even sure if Bowling Green actually owns any plows.)

 As previously mentioned, this quilt was a group project.  I designed the layout, and the pin cushion & button blocks.  Grace designed the thread & thimble and sewing machine block.  I can't remember who did the heart.  I'll have to ask when all my kids are back at work tomorrow.  The blocks were created from scrap fabric we found around the shop, and the appliques were done with Wonder-Under.

Grace pieced the front and then we laid out and pinned the quilt sandwich together.  She then quilted the focus fabric sections.  (A majority of the quilt really.)  I quilted the black sashing & borders and all the blocks, then hand sewed the bright red binding.  I'll be sure to get a picture of it in it's new home on the back of the shop sofa tomorrow.
 
Oh and by the way, Gracie-Gracie-Lou, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment