Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dragonfly In the Sky Necklace & Bracelet Set

I've been making mad piles of jewelry this week for my Etsy, before I head back to work post-holiday.  This set came about accidentally.  A friend asked if I could make a dragonfly themed piece, and I only had a few minutes to come up with something.  

Dragonfly in the Sky Pendant


Detail shot of pendant:


The dragonfly itself came to me as a single earring in the Steampunk Charm Swap.  I loved it, but it was too big to be used on the charm bracelet I had planned, so I removed it's earring post and added it to the blue capiz shell.

While digging through my charm collection a little later, I found a smaller bronze dragonfly charm, and decided to do a matching bracelet.  The beads are three sizes of fire-polished aquamarine glass.

After finishing the bracelet I wished I had a few more of the charms to make a set of matching earrings, so I wandered about Etsy until I found a set just like them.  As soon as I receive my goodies I'll be sure to post the matching earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment