Friday, July 29, 2011

Mia's Strawberry Shortcake Quilt Completed!

I had hoped to post these pictures last week on my New Hampshire adventure, but I just never managed to get around to it.  Here are a few pictures of the finished quilt in it's new home.
Hanging over the crib that will be Mia's after Ari outgrows it.
Helpfully held-up by my brother, and proud father, Joe.
 The pieced back is not *perfectly* centered, as I would have liked.  But somehow I think Mia will forgive me.
I have to admit that after stitching all the binding on by hand, I really was craving some good old fashioned strawberry shortcake, so I made some for my parents and I.  Buttermilk biscuits, split, buttered, and grilled till golden and crispy along the edges, drenched in strawberries and whipped cream.  Trust me, it's a million times better than those terribly greasy yellow sponge cakes.  Grilled biscuits.  They're the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment