Monday, July 11, 2011

Harry Potter Memorial Bracelet for Deathly Hallows Swap

I have been organizing the Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part II swap over on Craftster.  My lovely partner amor_fati requested a piece of jewelry that would serve as a memorial to all the characters who died throughout the series.  I thought that if I was making a memorial to them, that I'd prefer it to be serious, but not sad, much like Rowling's books.  So I went with black, silver, white and clear glass beads, with tiny touches of red, yellow, blue and green Swarovski crystal for each of the Houses, since all of them lost members in the Battle of Hogwarts. 
I also tried to have the charms commemorate the best and happiest parts of each of the characters.  They include: a full moon for Lupin, wolf for Tonks' patronus, the Hallows symbol, owl for Hedwig, vial of Snape's memories, Hogwarts castle, wizard for Dumbledore (how Harry always saw him, venerable and old in magical robes), courageous token for the trio's journey, socks for Dobby, cemetery gates for  Godric's Hollow, glass eye for Mad Eye Moody, stag for James and a doe for Lilly, Claddagh (symbol of Love, Loyalty & Friendship) for favorite Hufflepuff Cederic, motorcycle for Sirius, and a mischief managed charm for Fred.

2 comments:

  1. That's just awesome!!! I absolutely love it! I've been slowly working on my own HP bracelet and it's taken awhile since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I was wondering where on earth you found a "Mischief Managed" charm? I definitely haven't seen that anywhere. Any help you can give me in hunting it down would be greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That charm came from ChubbyChicoCharms.com. :-)

    ReplyDelete