Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Quilt in the Works

I know I promised to get back to quilting, and then proceeded to keep posting jewelry, but I really do have a quilt in the works.  A Strawberry Tea Party quilt for my new niece Mia. 
Block prints in pink and green.
Yesterday morning I fussy cut all the focal print blocks.  I think I'm now shy of what I needed for the focal print on the backing, but I've got good sized pieces of all the block prints left over, so I'm sure I'll be able to piece together something cute.
Teapots, Cupcakes and Birds on Teacups will be the centers of the focal blocks.
I also got the print blocks cut.  I know I'm supposed to mix them up more, but due to the fact that one of the prints is being used in two colors, and I seem to have picked a lot of dots, I think I'm going to have to go with only 4 distinct pairings.  So far, the only one I'm not sure about is the green and white Honey Vine print.  I'm afraid it's not going to read as green enough.
Ok, off to piece these blocks together.  I'm trying to get through at least one portion of the quilt each day, so hopefully I can take it with me when I go to visit my family in NH next week.  Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment