Tuesday, January 18, 2011

May A Rainbow Follow Each Rain

Today I joined the 11 Quilts in 2011 Quilt Along on Craftster as yet another way to keep me on task this year.  My dream list is actually 13 quilts, but my realistic goal would be to complete 11.  Listing all my upcoming projects today did give me the chance to think through some of the projects lower down on the list, and have me dreaming of pretty fabrics like jelly rolls of  Sugar Plum & Lemongrass jelly rolls, or a layer cake of Kate Spain's Central Park.

In the mean time, since I've been posting so many crafts lately I decided to pull a quilt out of the archives tonight.

This wedding quilt was made in June 2009 for my friend and former roommate Dianna.  The pattern is from McCall's Quick Quilts, May 2008, and was originally intended for 16 brightly colored fat quarters.  I choose to stick with a tighter color palette, as Dianna had always said that she wanted an all blue quilt.  When I looked at the pattern sketched in nothing but blues it reminded me of the way raindrops look, falling into puddles.  It is quilted in the ditch as a grid pattern, but I kind of wish now that I had done rings, to echo the raindrop image.

The blocks, all laid out on my floor prior to piecing the top.
Detail of the blocks.  Sadly the color is off in this shot, but you can see the fabric patterns more clearly.
Finished and bound.
Lounging on my porch swing.  

Tomorrow I'm planning to do some more quilting on the Costume Shop Quilt.  Maybe I'll even get some process shots up!

No comments:

Post a Comment