Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mug Rugs - Part II

Now that my partners have received their packages, I can finally post my new Mug Rugs.

This is for the lovely MareMare, Moderator of the Quilting boards over on Craftster.  She enjoys tiny patchwork, jewel tones (specifically teal, and emerald), and pairing quilting cottons with natural linen, so I decided to combine a little bit of all of those things.  As I worked on it, I realized that it looked like a box full of jewels, and played off of that in the quilting.  The lines are representative of the faceting of a precious stone.

This one was for MrsKAT, who loves owls. The owl body is made from wool herringbone, decorated with satin stitches for the feathers.  The tree branch was made of scraps from Jim's stargazing quilt I made shortly after we met.  I was really pleased with how it came out, and the binding work, considering the design had 8 sides!

In further quilting news, I spent the day in the Shop with Grace working on our next Quilts for Kids donation.    Managed to get the top done on the Pretty Princess quilt, and pin baste the sandwich together.  I'm hoping to get the quilting done on it over the next two days before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment