Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hive Star Quilts

One of the quilting projects I haven't gotten around to sharing are a pair that were created for my cousin's daughters.  I had never gotten around to making one for her first daughter, so when the second arrived I figured I'd make one for each of them.


They were made from the Giant Star Block Quilt Pattern by Jeni at In Color Order.  Since the pattern is so big, I scaled them down to be kid sized.  The blocks came to 9" finished, and the quilts are 36" square. The fabrics are from the Flora & Fauna line by Patty Young.



Though I neglected to get pictures of the backs, they are both backed with different prints from the same color scheme, and the quilting thread matches the backing of each.  Mustard dandilions and mustard thread on quilt above, and lime green polka dots and lime thread on the quilt below.



I really love how these quilts turned out.  The simplicity of the design, and the idea of using a single block as an entire quilt was a nice change for me.  I'd like to do a full or queen sized version at some point.  Perhaps for a guest room in our future house.

No comments:

Post a Comment