Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mermaid Earrings and Feather Bookmark

I recently ran another round of Bead Soup Swap over on Craftster.  Part of the swap involves creating 1 or 2 small-to-medium crafted items for your partner.  I created these mermaid earrings based on another pair of cluster style earrings on my partner's Pinterest.  She also had a silver ring with two mermaids holding up a pearl on there, so I decided to combine the two.  I switched the color scheme to an analogous purple, blue, teal and green set, made up of faceted fire polished glass beads, tipped with silver spacers.

After finishing them, I decided to make her a matching bookmark.  It was done in the same style, and with a similar color scheme, but with larger crystal and cut glass beads, on a feather shaped bookmark.

And a shot of the bookmark at work.  I love how the cluster of beads trails down the spine of the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment