Wednesday, July 25, 2012

London Calling Charm Bracelet

I'll tell you a secret.  I watch a lot of BBC shows. I added BBC America to our cable setup, but sadly all they ever seem to play is Top Gear and Ramsy's Kitchen Nightmares, so DH & I ended up cancelling our cable service.  But thanks to Netflix, I've been living on a steady diet of Doctor Who, Sherlock, and even the older Sherlock Holmes series staring Jeremy Brett.  All of this, coupled with the ridiculous heat in Kentucky this summer has left me longing to escape.  Preferably to London.  But since I can't quite afford that, I made a charm bracelet instead.  I've named it my "London Calling" bracelet.

The charms are a mix of Tibetan silver, pewter, and enamel and include a crown, postcard, 3 enamel Union Jacks, an enamel double decker bus, a teacup & kettle, royal mail stamp, Underground sign, suitcase, pewter bus, red phone booth and a rose.
The beads are a mix of Czech glass, crystal, and jade beads in shades of blue, white and red. 
And as part of the Harry Potter Craftalong, I'm submitting my bracelet as a "Portkey", which requires photos taken on a field trip away from your home.  So here is my bracelet on the paper crane sculpture on the WKU campus.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your bracelet and, as a born and bred Londoner, would love to make one! Can I ask you where you got the beautiful charms from?
    Kind regards, London Girl

    ReplyDelete