While looking for inspiration, I found some great bead frames in my jewelry stash. Dark grey-black star shaped shells, with a hole in the center for another bead. I knew they would have to be worked into Melissa's quilt and decided that I would use them to form the constellation Leo, with a light pink crystal in the center of each one. I decided to then "hide" the constellation among other beads, so you would have to search for them in the quilt.
|One of my inspiration images.|
I wanted to post some more progress shots, but find I only have one to share. I must have been too wrapped up in quilting to take more last weekend!
|Quilted & bound.|
I did manage to get the constellation beaded in this week, along with some more stars beaded into the top quarter. I'm hoping to finish all the beading this afternoon. Wish me luck!