Sunday, September 19, 2010

Manly Quilted Netbook Case

My husband headed back to school this semester to finish his degree.  He's been out of school for almost 6 years now, and it's been an adjustment for both of us with him going back.  The good part is he's attending classes at the university I work for, so I get to see him a few times a day and usually we have lunch together.  

He had been carrying his netbook around in his backpack, or in an old over-sized laptop case that he had to strap it into.  That just wouldn't do!  So I let him pick out some fabric from my stash and set about making him a hopefully "manly" quilted netbook case. He picked out some antique map fabric, which I had bought when making steampunk potholders for the my awesome swap partner Wulf, in the Potholder Swap earlier this summer.   I'll have to remember to post those quilted potholders I made him soon.

The quilting, which is done in purposely wonky stripes, is actually on the inside, so that the outside is nice and sleek looking.  I had originally planned to do buttons and button holes on it, but when we were in the fabric store looking around, DH picked out these antiqued bronze clasps instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment