Thursday, June 16, 2011

Across the Universe Update

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't said anything else about my Across the Universe project lately.  I'm wondering the same thing, since I have in fact been working on it.  To be honest, I just got too caught up in working on it to take more time to write about it.  I flew through the book in about 2.5 days.  I just couldn't seem to put it down.  Most of those hours spent reading were with Moco tucked up in my lap.  If I didn't know better I'd swear she was reading along.  Between our book dates, and the number of hours of Star Trek TNG she's watched with us, the dog clearly enjoys sci-fi. 

I kept one of my craft notebooks nearby while reading and soon had a whole page full of charm ideas.  When I told dear friend Pinkleo about the project she jumped into the fun and read along too.  Her charm suggestions were a wonderful addition.  Between the two of us and Beth, we soon had more than I could possibly use!  I don't want to list them all at once, since I'm afraid of giving away plot points, but for now here is a picture of a few of the charms I've already acquired.
 
Nearly all the rest have been ordered, and I'm now in the process of searching for beads to complement both the bracelet and the story.  I'm honestly of two minds as to how to I want to go with this...  I'll be pondering on it a while longer and probably send both ideas to Beth and Melissa for their opinions too.  Can you tell I've worked in theatre too long?  I can't help but want to collaborate with other creative folks on this project.  I'm just  itching to call a bracelet "Production Meeting".  

As I receive more of the charms in the mail, I'll be posting more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment