Monday, June 6, 2011

Kaylee's Shiny Happy Charm Bracelet

In talking to the lovely Beth Revis the other night, I suddenly realized that I had never made a Firefly themed charm bracelet.  I know, I'm shocked too!  So I set about trying to remedy that situation.  That involved ordering some charms that I don't have on hand and then sitting around waiting impatiently for them to come in.  (Seriously Beads and Charms?  I put in that order a WEEK ago, and it still hasn't shipped yet?!?)  Since I then had Firefly on the brain, I decided to see what else I could come up with, using the beads and charms in my stash.  The result was a shiny happy charm bracelet for everyone's favorite mechanic, Kaylee.
The beads are a mix of glass, Swarovski crystals, lamp work florals, rose quartz, glass flowers, blue & white Chinese ceramics, and purple floral ceramics.
 The charms include: a compass to help you get where you're goin', a "Believe" bead, since whatever Kaylee believes is true, a strawberry for her favorite fruit, gears and workin's, a wrench for fixin' Serenity when she's broke, a guardian Angel to watch over you out in the black...
 A butterfly, a heart since Kaylee is the heart of Serenity, a party dress for attending fancy shindigs...
 A star, a feather, a teddy bear from Kaylee's coveralls, a "Wish" bead, and a happy little sandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment