Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Deathly Hallows Bracelet

Craftster friend Krafty_Karasu recently asked me to create a Harry Potter charm bracelet for her.  Unlike my usual House themed ones, she asked for one designed specifically around the events that take place in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  I have to say that it was so nice getting to work with a friend on this project.  I started off by coming up with a huge list of possible charms, relating to various moments or objects within the novel.  Then sent the list to Krafty, and asked her to pick out her very favorites.  It took a few weeks to order some of the ones I didn't have on hand, and it took even longer for me to get the resin-cast charms right, but all in all, I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
 
The beads are a mix of glass, foil lined glass, freshwater pearls and Swarovski crystals in shades of scarlet, gold and black.  The color scheme for me actually represents the warm tones used on the cover of the US edition of the novel, and the black helped create a feeling of seriousness that I think is missing in my strictly red & gold Gryffindor bracelets.  

The bracelet is absolutely loaded with charms. I managed to get 19 on there!  The include:
~Mad Eye's glass eye
~the Tales of Beadle the Bard
~the Sorting Hat
~the spade Harry used to dig Dobby's grave
~Helga Hufflepuff's Cup
~vial of Snape's memories (resin filled glass bottle)
~the Silver Doe that led Harry to the Sword of Gryffindor
~Nagini
~the Elder Wand
~the Deathly Hallows symbol, made from a silver bezel filled with resin
~lighting bolt for Harry
~a phoenix for the Order of the Phoenix who fought at the Battle of Hogwarts
~Hogwarts Castle
~Slytherin's locket, the Horcrux that nearly drove Harry and Ron apart
~a thestral

~a broom
~the dragon the Trio released from Gringotts
~vial of Polyjuice Potion used to create the 7 Potters
~the Snitch from Harry's first Quidditch match, which opened to reveal the Resurrection Stone
 Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope it arrives safely, and that Krafty likes it as much as I do!



1 comment:

  1. i just saw this on pinterest and i think it's brilliant!!! love it and great job!

    xo, cindy

    ReplyDelete