Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Journey Begins... with a recipe. (Across the Universe Part II)

I finally had some time to myself this afternoon to dive into Across the Universe.  Since this is Kentucky in June, it was intensely hot and miserable when I left work at 3:00.  Thankfully I got to come home to an adorable Moco, a loving husband, and some blissful air conditioning.  I was about to curl up in my favorite chair when I decided that I could really go for a delicious treat with my book time.  Inspired by the beautiful cover of the novel, I created a Blue Banana Smoothie.  And really, is there ever a time when a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and lox is a bad idea?
Want to make one of your own?  Here's the recipe.  I assure you, it's a great plan on a hot summer day.

Blue Banana Smoothie
1 ripe banana
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup of milk (or almond/soy/lactose free, etc.)
1/2 cup of frozen yogurt (I used peach!)
dash of honey
dash of vanilla

Add all the ingredients into a blender and liquefy.  Serve with a happy bendy straw.  You'll be glad.

As for the book, I flew through the first 50 pages.  With a puppy firmly planted in my lap.  I actually had to hold the book and turn the pages with one hand so the other hand could keep petting her.  Finally I got up just to check the book's website and get a better idea in my head of the ships layout.  (Though the descriptions within the text are excellent.  Being a visual artist however, I really just like looking at pictures.)  I want to go right back to the chair and keep reading, but dinner is waiting to be made, and I have to get at least one Deathly Hallows bracelet done for my Etsy tonight.  I think more reading will be my reward to myself for finishing the bracelet.  Wish me luck.  Or rather, Godspeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment