Friday, June 17, 2011

I thought this Blog was about quilting?

Dear Jennie,
I thought this blog was supposed to be about making quilts.  I was under the impression you started it to keep you accountable to yourself for making the quilts for friends and family who can't seem to stop getting married and having babies.  What's up with that?
Love,
Jennie


Oh Jennie,
You are absolutely right.  I did start this blog to keep myself working on the MANY quilts on my current list, and I am certainly behind on that front.  I can only say that with quilting, like every other craft I enjoy, I go through phases.  But, there is hope on the horizon!  I got a good kick in the butt with the birth of my beautiful new niece Mia, and finally decided on a quilt pattern and fabric for her.  I'm going to be making the Frames pattern, from Oh, Fransson's Simple Modern Baby Quilts pattern out of Michael Miller's Strawberry Tea Party line.  They remind me of Strawberry Shortcake from when I was little.  Aren't they cute?
In addition to that, I have to start working on my sister-in-law's wedding quilt for September, and thanks to a kind donation of fabric bits and pieces from alwaysinmyroom on Craftster, I have a TON of new food fabrics to start work on a Jar Quilt.  I'm not sure who this will go to yet, or if I'll keep it for myself, but I just can't resist the lure of all the cute food fabrics out there. (These are two of my favorites: I love the labels and fallen over jars in Quilt Cookies Jar Quilt, and the baskets and crates in Judy Wright's Bountiful Blessings Quilt.)
So yes, I promise to work on quilting more very soon.
Love,
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment