Monday, June 27, 2011

Queen of Space Bracelet & Earrings

I recently participated in the "I Really Need a Friggen Crown, or other Lofty Headwear" Swap on Craftster.  I was partnered up with the lovely Innaura, who has been named the Queen of Space by an old friend.  For her actual crown I used the Gilded Lace Crown Tutorial on Bitter Betty Blogs to make a giant black lace confection, trimmed with AB glass and crystal beads, jewels, and a large Goddess of the Dawn medallion.  Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the crown before I sent it, and Innaura's having to rely on her camera phone at the moment, so there are only a few blurry images posted over on Craftster. 

But, I really wanted to make something else for Innaura, who sent me the most lovely beaded wire crown.  So I created a Queen of Space bracelet and earrings to go with her crown.  Thankfully, I did manage to get pictures of them!
The beads are a mix of jet black glass, black AB, black star shaped shell bead frames, soft smoky lavender pearls, slate, and Montana blue fire-polished glass.  The charms are a collection of fairy tale and celestial themes, including suns, moons, stars, key, dragon, crown, castle and fairy.  The bracelet is finished with a star toggle clasp.  (The same ones I purchased to use on my Across the Universe bracelets soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment