Sunday, June 5, 2011

Across the Universe Bracelet - Part I

This is the first post in what I hope will be a series on the creation of a charm bracelet, from concept to completion. Specifically on the creation of a very special bracelet based, like many of my creations, on a work of fiction.  Last weekend I was contacted by Beth Revis, author of the bestselling young adult novel Across the Universe.  After seeing my Doctor's Companion bracelets on Etsy, she proposed I create a bracelet based on Across the Universe for her to giveaway on her blog in celebration of the release of the sequel, A Million Suns.

After checking out her wonderful blog and tumblr page it became clear that we have a lot in common, including a love of Doctor Who, Firefly and Harry Potter.  I'm so excited to be working with her, not to mention touched at being thought of for this project. At the moment, I am still awaiting a copy of the book.  Both the Postal Service and the Warren County Library seem determined to keep it from me.  As I read, I hope to post ideas and plans for the bracelet here, and chronicle the process of its creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment